Sunday 22 January 2023

A Ticket To Hell

I don't know much, 
but one stands clear in my mind, 
it is as clear as stars in a cloudless night 
I know without a shred of doubt
that laughing at the expense of someone else, 
in situations you shouldn't 
will earn you a straight ticket to hell 

I chose to bear my disappointments alone, 
nurse my self-inflicted obsessions in silence 
wondering why I ever became a football fan 
for a team millions of miles away 
a team that wouldn't even recognize me in my lifetime 
yet I chose to be entangled in its business 
revel in its win 
and be so dejected in their losses 
that I find banter so unbearable 
but then, what is life without obsessions? 

Do not laugh at my face 
it's probably a sin to 
to laugh at someone bearing his pain 
in silence 

No comments:

Post a Comment