Friday 3 February 2023

The Hitchhiker

I often find myself stranded, 
in a vast, expansive and desolate lands, 
all around me suddenly blooms despair, 
around me sprouts kaleidoscopic hopelessness 
I am all alone, blissfully lost in the murmurs,
that urge me take a plunge into the shallow 
pool of poor decisions  
and during these moments, I suddenly transform 
into a person they wouldn't ever recognize, 
I, too, don't recognise myself 
I am suddenly a hitchhiker
seeking lands reeking ominous thrills
where I'd revel under the ever secretive veil 
of anonymity 
I am a hitchhiker guided by consciousness alien to me 
I am thumbing up potential serial killers, 
out and about seeking cheap thrills, 
seeking objects to fulfill their sick 
and twisted obsessions 
In these desolate lands, 
I am also seeking cheap thrills, 
in an attempt to merge with nothingness 
and live invisibly in a world that has ever 
demanded unattainable perfection 

No comments:

Post a Comment