Friday 24 February 2023

Detached

I'll be content loving you at a distance, 
detached from all the 'burdens' 
that walk beside affection, 
for by definition of romance, 
I am as imperfect as imperfect can ever be 

I'll be satisfied with not knowing 
about how your day went 
I am not interested in listening 
to whatever slows you down 
I am almost certain there's nothing I 
can do about them

I'll love you in a completely detached manner 
I crave silence, sometimes, 
I can go for days not wanting to talk to you
or see you, 
or be near you, 
unfortunately, that's not how a lover should love 

I'll not love you right
and there isn't much  I can do about it 
we will not speak the same language of love 
and I'll drive you insane 
because I won't seem like I care about 
I'll want you, but never ever admit I need you 

No comments:

Post a Comment