Friday 1 March 2019

Sorry Mama

A sad man [source/nvf.org]


Mama, I am sorry for not being a good son
You see, I suck at being an adult
Because there’s no manual for it
And there are no maps to refer to when I am lost

Mama, I am sorry for taking you love for granted
You see, it’s the purest there is in the entire world
Whereas the world’s just receives
Yours gives without intention – so unconditional

Mama, I am sorry for disrespecting you
You see, I thought I was too grown up
To ever receive instruction from you
Yet it was just the teenage hormones doing the thinking

Mama, I am sorry there have been plenty of days
You see, days that offered a chance at redemption
To be a better son, to see the bright side of things
I am afraid those days are no more

Mama, I am sorry to have to let you down,
You see, I know you did not bear a failure
But every single day I have little energy
To live up to the expectation you have of me

Mama, I am sorry I’ve heard of a better place
You see, I do not believe in paradise or heaven
But paradise to me mean not paying any bills
Because capitalism is the yoke on the neck of men

Mama, I am sorry we may never meet
You see, you soul is bound for heaven
For that’s what I pray for unconsciously
Because there can never be anyone like you

No comments:

Post a Comment