Friday 1 March 2019

Shape Of My Heart


x   
Source:bkreader.com

     
      An air of fear stiffened my muscles
I could see the particles in an awkward dance
It had been a long time since we met
And I wasn’t sure what you felt about us
And so I did let Backstreet Boys speak for me
In the form of ‘Shape Of My Heart’

And you sat there, on the edge of the bed
Frozen with a distant and blank look on your face
When the song ended you didn’t say a word
How I wanted to eavesdrop on your thoughts
To dance to their rhythm as they cling
And embrace each other to form a coherent thought

Right now my heart is shapeless
Without a memory, except long nights
Of tormenting thoughts,
Thoughts that were always punctual
Like an alarm, waking me at 3 am
To think of you, to think of the same lofty thoughts of us

No comments:

Post a Comment