Tuesday 3 September 2019

On Bended Knees


A numbing sensation has taken over my mind
It feels like the onset of insanity, for I
have been insane a thousand times over
yet this, this bout of insanity, I haven’t experienced before

and I peer intently in the distant horizon,
with the intensity of a researcher looking at a specimen
yet the specimen, my specimen, is completely blank.
an abyss of sorts. And this is how insanity begins

I am on bended knees, begging for mercy
Yet I do not the sins I have committed – only the ones
I have been meaning to for years now
Their haunting is not even clear to me now

Pass me a bottle of medicine – not the usual
The doctor has since declared I am not drinking enough,
The highs I seek are now depths
And I, a man if intellect, becomes spectacularly stupid

No comments:

Post a Comment