Monday 9 September 2019

Back Like All Was Normal


She doesn’t even beg to get back
She strolls back like it was all normal
Like it felt all too good when she wanted out
When all I felt was something drain out of me
Something that smelt like life.  Or love

I thought we were done for good
Every single thing we held dear – I
Felt them disintegrate to a point –
A point I didn’t want to try anymore
Neither did I want to care

Yet, when you seem to have made your mind
You stroll into my life like we are some lovers
Who had been away from each for a while,
ours’ been a year – just imagine a year
of waiting, longing for something ungraspable

a part of me died from the constant bickering
and I have often – always -  watered it
with the thoughts of you, wondering incessantly
if I had erred so much to be unworthy of forgiveness
the more I did, the more I wanted you close by – my mistake  

No comments:

Post a Comment