Wednesday 27 February 2019

The Jealous Heart

Deep within me, in the entrails of my heart
Lies a seething form of jealousy
Always waiting to erupt
When I see or think of you attentive
Even for a second, with another other than me

My jealousy is murderous
It thinks I am your entire universe
Your everything – and you must be mine too
My jealousy is murderous
My heart wants you to love me alone

My heart rejoices only if I make you love
I and I alone, not any other human being
My heart bursts with joy when you gaze at me alone
And think the universe of me
For I know no other universe other than you

I know no other sun than your eyes
I know no other sky other than your embrace
I know no ocean other than your smile
I know not death, when you say you love me
For that, you’ll understand when I am murderous with jealousy

No comments:

Post a Comment