Thursday 14 February 2019

Sorry Blame It On Me


Suspended in a mournful reverie
In your mind sounds as eerie
As the helpless cries of a dearly beloved
Drowning, and you are just as helpless
Because it would mean dying with the beloved
But you aren’t done with this world

When it comes to that, blame me
The world crushed me when I tried to be
Like twin towers, my dreams crumbled
Things I should have done, I didn’t
Habits I should have discarded I embraced
And now I am a relic of a man, an empty barrel

Life’s become tortuous
The nights seem longer than they used to be
And the days too, stretch to near infinity
What am I supposed to do?
Tell me, what am I supposed to do?
In a world that judges a man by material things?

I am not where I am supposed to be
At least my conscience is clear about that
I am living below my potential
Slaving day and night
Slaving for thoughts and dreams
Dreams that seem to jeer at me, at my pains

No comments:

Post a Comment