Tuesday 18 February 2014

She Hates Me

S
She is a stranger to me. I know little about beyond her name, Abigail. A beauty if you widen the spectrum of gauging it. In other words she is ugly. Her company is fancied only when the sun goes down and not everywhere but in the remote village like Turkana or Pokot. She repels everything that illumines owing to her pitch black skin.


I met her the other day in town. It wasn’t my own thinking to meet her but by the virtue of helping a friend back at home, too tired of typing onto his computer. He wanted some up to date computer games, which I was to purchase and hand it over to her. Sadly she came earlier than I had anticipated and her incessant calls yielded to frustration. With each passing minute I still kept telling her to wait for some minutes even after hours had elapsed.  
Nevertheless she waited. Bothering me with her calls and texts which I am glad I managed to ignore.  All in all she couldn’t leave without the precious merchandise; her relationship did bind her to him. I admit it is kind of sinister for this guy has never met her. In fact I conducted a viability study on her and declared her unfit for occupation in his heart. Seems my words fell on the wrong side. May be she is more than I have described her earlier. May be she’s cast a spell on him.


 A few minutes to five o’clock in the evening I made an audacious attempt find the extent of her rage. True, she had that haggard look and talked to me with a tone that left a trace of her anger. I mumbled a sorry which was diluted by ‘I have waited for you for like forever’ look.


We parted ways as quickly as the penis parts with erection once it pukes the white precipitation, that substance responsible for human life. Life is like this, I thought as I shoved my way through a multitude of people making way to their destinations after sunset. You rarely have what you want unless you are the one giving it to your own self. Depending on people can be disappointing. Coupled with the mobile phone, you can be assured of something before it is even made, if it can be made. This technological world is not for the faint hearted.


Abigail didn’t want to deal with me anymore. I had delivered half of what I was asked to and the rest was with me. She seemed to have dreaded the thought of seeing me again−once bitten twice shy. My consciousness told me I had failed and the only way was to clear it of regret. I offered to take it to her but the problem lay in bringing myself down to accept the fact that I didn’t know where she was asking me to board a bus. It meant bruising my ego, welts emanating from it can take forever to heal. 



Again I managed to fail even after combing the whole city looking for the bus station. I skived class just for that. I suck in taking directions, I always alter them.


She too knows less of me but she can’t never trust me if I choose to stalk her. What I did though not a representing of the real me has left me utterly deprived of a reason to be accorded another chance to display the real me. She hates me. That’s all I know of her.



No comments:

Post a Comment