Thursday 13 February 2014

LET ME TALK ABOUT HER

I made a startling discovery a few minutes before dawn
That she gracefully strutted in my mind on and on
Her bewitching smile captivating like the morning sun
I rose from my slumber; sure she’d be with me every turn
Allow me to talk about her though I may not exhaust
I admit her presence always make me look so lost
Lost in a world full of any conceivable bliss
She holds my breath in her hands with ease
I’ve suffocated numerous times, still I don’t care
Am so used to it, it is not something to be called a dare
Let me talk about her nose, it makes her face looks so pretty
Like a rose yet to be plucked, her name is Betty
Let me talk about Betty, now that you know her name
I first saw her in the park and I’ve never felt the same
She was the missing link, my heartbeat told me so
I loved her and did let her know, her lips parted before
She could say I love you too, though after awhile

Ever since my life’s been so worthwhile 

No comments:

Post a Comment