Sunday 12 March 2023

No Lie

I have not heard a bigger lie 
than one perpetuated by 
infatuated lovers 
they say they love each other
just the way they are 
what a bunch of hogwash!! 

I'll not love someone's daughter 
just the way she is - 
man, I gotta have standards 
or bare minimums 
she must have a verifiable source of income 
because it's what I must have - 
but for me it'll probably be just an income 

I'll not tolerate her acting fishy 
fiddling her phone in a suspicious manner 
I have no interest in her phone 
I will never even attempt to check it 
But if she smiles shyly when a notification 
pops up 
or leaves the room when she gets a phone call 

she has to cook 
she has to clean 
and I'll stretch my feet on the sofa 
no lie 
and many other things that I 
may think about later 
strangely, I'll expect her to know them 


No comments:

Post a Comment