Friday 10 March 2023

I Don't Envy Your Love

looking at you at arms length, 
I thought there was more to you, 
only accessed in secret places, 
like your heart, or a dark place 

then I knew you, and bridged 
that uncertain stretch between
unfamiliarity to friendship 
and we became more than friends 

it was exciting in the beginning, 
well, all relationships begin
with that sinister excitement 
and the hope that it will be alright 

we worked to maintain decorum 
to present ourselves in ways 
that wouldn't have the other 
bolting for the hills 

but then you grew comfortable 
after knowing all my secrets 
imperfections and what not 
you had made it, I guess you thought 

I no longer envy your love 
I do not crave it as much as I used to 
it wasn't even love 
it was a convenient arrangement 
to waste each other's time 



No comments:

Post a Comment