Tuesday 16 February 2021

Want To Want Me

Nostalgia,

Jason Derulo hits a note

‘Just the thought of you

Just the thought of you

Gets me so hiiiiiiigh’

 

I am sitting alone in an empty classroom,

Chairs piled arranged as by someone

who was suffering from acute diarrhea

but had to get the job done

and to distract my loneliness

I whipped my phone and played Jason Derulo

And then the message came through

The lecture had bounced

 

I cursed

I missed a few hours of precious sleep,

For this?

Betrayal.

Betrayal.

 

A while early, the unwelcome sound of the alarm

Made me think ‘It dawns so early these days,

I just slept a few minutes ago.’

Back then sleep was not elusive

 

 

I tossed my belongings inside the locker

My roommate was also awake, sitting on the top bunker

Also wondering why dawn comes early

A quick shower and moments later I am out

The day dragged on as days always do

And when evening came

An ominous foreboding washed over me

The door to our hostel room was unlocked

Unusual

I checked my locker and my laptop was missing

And now, so many years later

Listening to Jason Derulo

I reminisce that dark morning

And I miss my laptop who we got unceremoniously separated

My precious poems went with it 

No comments:

Post a Comment