Monday 1 July 2019

. She Doesn’t Need Me Anymore


1    There are hints of subtle arrogance in her voice
And even when she is not that subtle for a lover
She brazenly says things such as,
‘I haven’t been depending on you all along’

It appears to me that she wants to let me go
Yet she does not have a sufficient reason
She’s moved on, that’s what she’s certain
She just is not certain about her decision to do so

She does not need me, she needs my benevolent heart
She needs me for the simple reason that I chip in
Once in a while to send her money and airtime
So she can talk or visit whoever is important to her

Deep within me I feel she doesn’t even rank me
The disrespect and her quickness to find quarrel
Even in the most trivial of things
She doesn’t need me, because I am nice guy

No comments:

Post a Comment