Monday 1 July 2019

I Promise Not To Write


I wish there was a way to erase all these memories
I wish there was a place where desolate humans
Ignite inextinguishable hope in their lives
I wish there were people who kept it real with you
Not to take you round or make feel you are worthy
to be in their lives

I wish I’d believe everything is within me, within my power
I wish I believed I am made of unconquerable material
I wish I knew where I kept my life’s armour
I wish I knew where I kept the key to the artillery room
Then, and only then, I would rise like the knight I am
To conquer and reclaim what truly belongs to me
I promise not to write how pitiful I have grown
I promise not to write about how bad a man I make
How contemptible an adult I have turned out to be
I promise to live each day with a simple dream
A dream to the best in everything I do
I promise to write about hope, resilience, and happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment