Monday 28 January 2019

I Woke Up From a Dreary Dream

I woke from a dream
It was about you - about us
The still night was a perfect witness
The mournful moon sang a dirge
Of lost companions
Just like I, lost in a dream
A dream that was once perfect
Because it had you in it
For I could feel you beside me every night
And every morning
I woke up to a perfect dream
The echo of your heart ringing
The reflection of your smiling face gleaming
And the clock, gobsmacked
Stopped to watch eternity pass by

But you are not here
You will never be here again
I am too proud to apologize to you
To apologize for the little imperfections of mine
Too proud to admit my addictions
Too proud to admit that you are are the only one
I ever truly loved
And perhaps the last
Because I am scared of beginnings
And perhaps even ends
Because I don't know if I'll ever get over you

No comments:

Post a Comment