Wednesday 13 October 2021

Lonesome Street Lamp

There, by the lonesome street lamp,

you embraced my chaos,

and disappeared into the darkness,

In that moment[, our bodies exchanged

a certain kind of strange warmth,

a warmth that lingered a tad longer,

and in that brief moment, loneliness dissipated

It felt as if we exchanged precious parts of ourselves,

Heartbeats, maybe – it was something we couldn’t live without

I left with the lamp,

Lighting the darkest parts of me,

and the labyrinthine maze,

I saw your face in every meander

And your smile lightened the burden of my chaos

For once, I was me, without blemish

I was me without embellishing

Life with anodyne expectations

That lovers are often prone to

I was me without having to live

Up to the impossible romantic ideals,

And then the rollercoaster began,

I boarded a train hurtling down the pleasant path of

destruction

 It did not matter because we were together in the blissful wander

A wander that led nowhere although it feel our hearts with gladness

Or atleast my own heart – I am not sure if it did that to you

But, then, in being lost with you,

I was getting lost alone

No comments:

Post a Comment