Tuesday 29 September 2020

Listen

 Listen, it was all my fault 

Nowadays I do a good job at 

making mistakes 

Nobody makes mistake, repeatedly, 

like I do 

Listen, there is no joy in making mistakes

There is no joy in being insane 


Listen, making mistakes is sometimes fun 

You just subtract common sense 

And have yourself uninterrupted moments of bliss 

Even when it involves serpents 

Ever waiting to sink its fangs on you 

It's still fun 

Because it does not involve your brain 


Listen, 

I do not promise you I'll change 

Change is for people hoping to make 

this miserable earth a wonderland 

Change is for people unattached to hope 

For I have learnt, in my wanders, 

That hope is a dangerous thing - 

it can kill a man 

 

Listen, 

There is nothing to live for 

Listen, 

Beauty has lost all its gleam 

Washed away by flowing pains 

Some real, some I imagine them 

Some have coursed through my veins for eons 

Reluctant, to devour me in one swift bite 

 

Listen, 

I cared - there are moments I still think I do 

I care because I am still alive 

I care because I still effortlessly breath 

I wasn't born doing this but I am so good at it 

No comments:

Post a Comment