Thursday 8 February 2018

AN ANCIENT PIECE OF JUNK

She lay there, still like she is dead. She stares at me with unblinking eyes for straight two days. I prodded her, slapped her, and almost flung her against the wall. But that’s not how I was raised, and besides she has been with me through thick and thin. Finally, realizing that she was not going to budge, I carefully placed her inside a bag, and went about town seeking someone who can heal her. We’ve been through this process a couple of times, save for one moment that I abandoned her for a slay queen. She’s been faithful, even when all around have been giving up on their lovers. I can legally say that we complete each other.

I am talking about my computer, an ancient piece of junk that I have been using since I can remember. It is a hand down. However, I do not plan on handing it down to anyone. A few days ago it became seriously ill. I thought it was the ebola of machines or something viral. It turns out it needed just a RAM. And I rewarded it with a 2BG. She’s happy with. There’s a remarkable improvement in her attitude. She doesn’t sulk when I command her to open a word document like she used to. It is like she’s just been reborn.

One thing that I do not like however is its gross forgetfulness. For example I can shut it down, and the next time I boot it up it says that I am in 1980 (its favourite so far). Sometimes I am in 2025.  It gives me problems when I open the documents folder, which I have arranged according to the date modified. I have documents that I have written sometimes in the future (hehe), others have been written or will be written later this year, then it comes the present (today), earlier this week, last week, earlier this year, and lastly those that have been written a long time ago. It allows me to time travel.


No comments:

Post a Comment