Sunday 21 January 2018

A POLITICIAN’S MIND

The electorate is one mass of ignoramus
So very clueless about the taxes they pay
So I’ll promise them that I and I alone
Can bring them development never seen
I swear they don’t even know they pay taxes
And that development isn’t to be promised
But a mandate of leaders

Last time I promised them roads
Tarmaced to a baby’s skin smoothness
None of roads were constructed the past four years
This year, I’ll bring out bulldozers
And ask them to elect me, so that I can complete projects
The ones I started, but I truth, I am not done
Visiting the world with their money
I haven’t been to Bahamas yet, that’s the incomplete project

We will be doomed if we walk the talk
The hospitals will be well stocked with drugs
And facilities, the doctors well paid
The roads will be well tarmaced, passable through the year
I mean if we do all these, where will we steal?
What will we promise them every five years?
We don’t need to the moon, do we?

No comments:

Post a Comment