Wednesday 10 February 2016

BRING BACK MY SORROWS II

I had all this emptiness for me
A gift from my lonely sojourns
And it embraced me and my inner being
You came along and it suddenly dawns
The light of dawn drove the blissful dark
The kind I had learnt to grope my way
And I coped perfectly well

I owned everything just by owning nothing
And you gave me the false of owning something
That I would never really own and I thought
I had the best of you, all the sweetness you got
And you made away with the sorrows
That gave me warmth in times of my solitude
And you gave yours, ours, that appear alien
That sends a cold shiver through me
As I take a hot shower each evening

Bring back my sorrows, the kind I’m used to
Go find your place wherever you came from
Here, wasn’t meant to another of yours a home
I am used to my solitude and I’ll get through

Many a dreamless night

No comments:

Post a Comment